Freeplane is a free and open-source software application that facilitates knowledge exchange and job completion at home, work, and education. The program can be used to draw mind maps and analyze the information contained in the mind maps. Freeplane works on any operating system that has a current version of Java installed. It can be run locally or it can be moved from removable storage such as a USB drive.
Fields of application
Freeplane supports a lot more than just static mind mapping. This is evidenced by the mind map Application areas on the right, which summarize the type of missions that Freeplane supports. To explore the map, click on the hyperlink below the chart. Learn how to access the map and reveal secret facts by reading the Caption node. Click View node to create a map to see how easy it is to create the map.
In the center of the map, the application areas see the central theme (the root node) of the map. It extends branches with sub-topics (sub-nodes). At the border, you see free themes (free nodes) that are independent of the root tree.
All topics can be formatted or styled and can contain text, hyperlinks, images, and more; They can be connected by labeled lines or arrows. A subject (node) can also represent hidden information that appears when the user wants it or can be executed automatically (syntax). Content can also be password protected, timed, or filtered.
- Easy extension of posts with add-ons and homemade scripts.
- Connect nodes with dynamic links, free lines (connectors), and labels.
- Take notes with freely positionable discontinuous nodes (post-it’s).
- Arrangement of ideas (nodes) in a hierarchy connected by lines (edges).
- Classify nodes with metadata (attributes) and pattern types (system patterns, user-defined patterns, and level patterns).
- Group nodes with visual containers (clouds) and decorations (summary node).
- Password protects the entire map and individual nodes with DES encryption.
- Automatically design nodes (using bubble, color, edge type, etc.) according to level and hierarchical content (conditional patterns, auto edge color, plane styles).
- Structuring nodes in terms of content (text, scientific form, arithmetic, icon, image, hyperlink) and display area (basic, details, notes, attributes, images, tooltip).
- Assigning calendar and reminders.
- Support for LaTeX formats down / in contract.
- Freeplane Mind Mapping Software Free Download for Windows
- Ease of use with built-in editors and dialogs, object-oriented main menu, context menus, multi-language support, spell checker, properties panel, and drag-and-drop functionality.
- Change views by hiding content (folding branches, filtering, detail group, hiding extensions in tooltip), searching, scrolling, navigation and hotkeys, batch execution options, posting, sharing, and selectable preferences.
- Proximate search (similarity search) which allows finding search terms in the text, even if there is no exact match (for example, ‘setup’ = ‘set up’ or ‘file’ = ‘file’).
- Extensive support via Wiki and Forum; Tutorials and documentation in the form of a mind map.
- Integration with the Docear Group for Academic Literature.
📌 Note: Freeplane can work on any operating system with Java Runtime Environment installed.
✔️ Also available for Mac and Freeplane Portable.
- Category: Office Tools
- Program name: Freeplane
- The latest version
- License: Open-source
- Program size: 43.41 MB
- Operating systems: Windows XP, 7/8/10, in addition to other systems.
- Languages: English
- Developed company: Freeplane
- Official website: freeplane.org
- The Novel Factory Write Your Articles Step-by-Step for Free
- Apache OpenOffice for Word Processing & Spreadsheets
- Notepad++ 2022 for Windows Operating Systems for Free