Anthony the Great Quotes about Life and Faith
Anthony the Great Quotes
Anthony the Great was a renowned philosopher, teacher, and leader from the 4th century. His teachings and words of wisdom have been passed down for centuries, inspiring generations of people. His quotes, in particular, are filled with thought-provoking insight and understanding of life and the world around us.
Anthony the Great was born in Alexandria, Egypt in the 4th century AD. He was a member of the Christian Church and is said to have been a student of the early Christian theologian Origen of Alexandria. He was a leader in the Christian community and was known for his dedication to his faith and the teachings of the Church.
Living a Life of Virtue and Inner Peace: The Wisdom of Anthony the Great
In addition to his religious contributions, Anthony the Great was also a renowned philosopher. His teachings focused on the idea of living a life of virtue, and he was a passionate advocate for the practice of self-discipline. He believed that a life of virtue was the path to true happiness and fulfillment. He also wrote extensively on the idea of inner peace and was a proponent of meditation and reflection.
Anthony the Great’s quotes have been passed down for centuries, and have been used to inspire and motivate people throughout history. His words of wisdom offer insight into the human condition and resonate with people from all walks of life. His quotes are often filled with insight and understanding and are a reminder of the importance of living a life of virtue and inner peace.
The Wisdom of Anthony the Great: A Legacy of Virtue, Prayer, and Hope
Anthony the Great was a remarkable leader and teacher, whose words and teachings continue to inspire people to this day. His quotes are filled with wisdom and insight and remind us of the power of living a life of virtue and inner peace. His legacy will continue to live on and influence people for generations to come.
Popular quotes from Anthony the Great include “Be not forgetful of prayer. For God is not forgetful of you,” “He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything,” and “It is in the darkness of their eyes that men get lost.” These words of wisdom from Anthony the Great continue to provide guidance and hope to people today.
1. A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, “You are mad; you are not like us.
2. To say that God turns away from the sinful is like saying that the sun hides from the blind.
3. Our life and our death is with our neighbor. If we gain our brother, we have gained God, but if we scandalize our brother, we have sinned against Christ.
4. The person who abides in solitude and quiet is delivered from fighting three battles: hearing, speech, and sight. Then there remains one battle to fight, the battle of the heart.
5. When you lie down on your bed to sleep, remember with thanksgiving the blessings and the providence of God.
Anthony the Great Quotes about Life and Faith
6. I saw the snares that the enemy spreads out over the world and I said, groaning, “What can get through from such snares?” Then I heard a voice saying to me, “Humility.
7. God’s Providence controls the universe. It is present everywhere. Providence is the sovereign Logos of God, imprinting form on the unformed materiality of the world, making and fashioning all things. Matter could not have acquired an articulated structure were it not for the directing power of the Logos Who is the Image, Intellect, Wisdom, and Providence of God.
8. Expect temptation to your last breath.
9. Regard as free not those whose status makes them outwardly free, but those who are free in their character and conduct. For we should not call men truly free when they are wicked and dissolute since they are slaves to worldly passions. Freedom and happiness of the soul consist in genuine purity and detachment from transitory things. Anthony the Great Quotes
10. One should not say that it is impossible to reach a virtuous life, but one should say that it is not easy. Nor do those who have reached it find it easy to maintain.
11. This is the great work of a man: always to take the blame for his own sins before God, and to expect temptation to his last breath.
12. Whoever you may be, always have God before your eyes; whatever you do, do it according to the testimony of the holy Scriptures; in whatever place you live, do not easily leave it. Keep these three precepts and you will be saved. Anthony the Great Quotes
13. When Abba Anthony thought about the depths of the judgments of God, he asked, ‘Lord, how is it that some die when they are young, while others drag on to extreme old age? Why are there those who are poor and those who are rich? Why do wicked men prosper and why are they just in need?’ He heard a voice answering him, ‘Antony, keep your attention on yourself; these things are according to the judgment of God, and it is not to your advantage to know anything about them.
14. The fruits of the earth are not brought to perfection immediately, but by time, rain, and care; similarly, the fruits of men ripen through ascetic practice, study, time, perseverance, self-control, and patience.
15. Intelligent men have no need to listen to much talk but should attend only to that which is profitable and guided by God’s will.
- Wonderful Saint Augustine Quotes about Faith and Life
- 60 Wisdom Sayings and Quotes of the Fathers of the Church
- Jerome – Theodosius – Ambrose Quotations about Saint Mary
- Top 20 St. Francis of Assisi Quotes about Challenge the Way
- 25 Best Saint Quotes about Jesus Death on the Cross