The application greatly expands the capabilities of the command-line tool. Apache NetBeans can execute the shell as a parameter, similar to the error correction factor, in debugging or running the application (only J2SE applications are currently supported, either Ant-based or Maven).
Quotes written in JShell can be redefined and tested, even if running. When the prototype is ready, it can be saved in a regular Java source file and merged with the project.
Java Shell is a new utility included in JDK9 defined in JEP 222 to provide REPL (read-Eval-print-loop) capabilities to Java. The tool provides a console-like user interface for Java Shell, which enhances the capabilities of the application editor.
It can support the tool with the user project configured, the Java Shell is therefore set up to work with project categories and libraries, providing out-of-box autocomplete in the editor.
The most important fixes and improvements
- Windows LAF: Small or huge GUI font size fixed on various HiDPI configurations.
- Fix incorrectly sized component icons (radio buttons, checkboxes, project tree expansion handles, etc.) on various HiDPI configurations.
- Fixed uneven borders on text components on non-integrated HiDPI scale factors, for example, 150%, dragging tabs of broken (rearrange windows) on HiDPI screens.
- The Toolbar Browser Icon takes advantage of the HiDPI Scale Optimization.
- Simplified HeapView widget application.
- Incorrectly positioned font width tag (for example, it appears at 82 characters instead of 80 characters), and inaccurate tab alignment.
- This error was present in some zoom levels in the editor on Windows / Linux / macOS operating systems, Including the non-HiDPI screen.
- Fixed filenames in the Windows Projects window and in the HiDPI screens have been fixed.
New NetBeans Features
New PrimeFaces Code Generators, for generating PrimeFaces structural CRUD applications complete with database connection. Tomcat 8.0 and TomEE support, including configuring data sources and JPA, JSF, and JAXRS ready data, give more flexibility to JPA hints, which can be disabled, enabled, and change of warning level.
Android 4.4 WebKit debugging is supported for Cordova 3.3+. New Karma Test Runner support and new Grunt Build support. Avatar.js is available at Plugin Manager via Tools Additions. After installation, you can create Avatar.js projects.
JDK 8 Support: Tools and Editor Improvements for Working with Profiles, Lambdas, and Streams. Java SE Embedded support for deploying, running, debugging, or identifying Java SE applications on an embedded device, such as Raspberry PI, directly from the application’s IDE. Java ME Embedded 8 support.
Improved Windows flexibility, such as splitting the editor by dragging and dropping, and a new API to customize the editor’s tabs. New user interface design for managing project groups. Files in folders can be sorted by extension.
New Maven chart layout changer. Navigator displays POM goals and Maven performance improvement when restarting web applications. Improved Maven performance for ‘applying code changes’ during error correction. Download Apache NetBeans 2022 Free
Improvement and development
Profiler optimizations: a profile on embedded platforms, showing the thread acquisition screen for competition lock, and enhanced threading. Version improvements: Support for Subversion 1.8 business versions, various Git improvements, and Mercurial support. Task table and other new features in the task tracker window for errors.
PHP 5.5 support. Improvements for Twig, Latte, and Neon. Composer powered by a new project wizard.
C / C ++
New Breadcrumbs feature for navigating the editor. A new GDB controller to enable the use of the GDB command line mode. New hints and code complete. Remote performance improvement. Download Net Beans IDE Offline Installer Setup!
📌 Note: Requires Java Development Kit.
✔️ Also available for Linux / macOS / Solaris.
- Software name: Apache NetBeans
- Category: Utility Tools
- License: Open Source
- Version: latest
- File size: 194 MB
- Kernel: 32/64-bits
- Operating systems: All Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- Languages: Multilanguage
- Developer: Apache Software Foundation
- Official site: netbeans.apache.org