Top 20 St. Francis of Assisi Quotes about Challenge the Way
Words of St. Francis
1. Riches prick us with a thousand troubles in getting them, as many cares in preserving them, And yet more anxiety in spending them, and with grief in losing them.
2. We praise You, Lord, for Sister Water, who is very useful and humble and precious and chaste.
3. When you look at a poor person, you are looking in a mirror of the Lord and His poor mother.
4. So, too, in the sick, you are contemplating the kind of infirmities He took upon Himself for us.
5. We praise You, Lord, for those who forgive for the sake of Your love and endure infirmity and tribulation.
6. Blessed are those who endure in peace because by You, Most High, they will be crowned.
7. I warn all the friars and exhort them not to condemn or look down on people whom they see wearing soft or gaudy clothing and enjoying luxuries in food or drink. Each one should rather condemn and despise himself.
8. Preach the Gospel at all times and, if necessary, use words.
9. My brothers, let us think of the Good Shepherd, who endured the Passion and Cross in order to save his sheep.
10. Our Lord’s sheep have followed him in trouble, persecution, and disgrace, in hunger and thirst, in temptation and other hardships, And by so doing have received everlasting life from their Lord.
It, therefore, brings much disgrace on us servants of God that the saints have done great things while we hope to win honor and fame merely by talking and preaching about them.
11. Most high, glorious God, cast Your light into the darkness of my heart. Give me right faith, firm hope, perfect charity, and profound humility, with wisdom and perception, O Lord, so that I may do what is truly Your holy will. Amen Top 20 St. Francis of Assisi Quotes about Challenge the Way
12. I, Brother Francis, little one, want to follow the life and poverty of (High), our Lord Jesus Christ, and of His most holy Mother, And to persevere in this to the end. And I pray to you and counsel you to always live in this same most holy life and poverty.
13. All praise be Yours, my Lord, for our Sister Bodily Death, from whom no living person can escape. Woe to those who die in mortal sin. Blessed are those whom death will find in Your most holy will, for the second death shall do them no harm.
14. Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received – only what you have given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage.
15. Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love, Where there is an injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light; And where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved, as to love.
16. Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
17. Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary, use words.
18. Lord, help me to live this day, quietly, easily. To lean upon Thy great strength, trustfully, restfully. To wait for the unfolding of Thy will, patiently, serenely. To meet others, peacefully, joyously. To face tomorrow, confidently, courageously.
19. God requires that we assist the animals when they need our help. Each being (human or creature) has the same right of protection.
20. Ask the beasts, and they will teach you the beauty of this earth.
- 25 Saint Quotes Have Deeply Spiritual Meanings
- 25 Best Saint Quotes about Jesus’ Death on the Cross
- Wonderful Pope Francis Quotes on Love, Life, Mercy & Family
- 25 Inspirational Love Quotes to Warm Your Soulful Heart
- 60 Best Quotes by Socrates the Great Greek Philosopher