MKVToolNix Free Download for Windows, Mac and Linux
MKVToolNix is a program that includes a large set of tools (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit, mmg) that allows you to manipulate Matroska (MKV) files in several ways. You can use MKVToolNix to create, split, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract or scan Matroska files.
Also supports additional video formats (AVI / MPEG / MP4 / MPEG / Ogg / OGM / RealVideo / MPEG1 / 2 / h264 / AVC / Dirac / VC1) including some video codecs (such as supporting the VP9 video codec – playback from IVF/Matroska/WebM files, extract IVF files).
Most audio formats (AAC, FLAC, MP2 MP3(E) AC3 / DTS / DTS-HD / Vorbis / RealAudio) and subtitle formats (SRT / PGS / SUP / VobSub ASS / RealAudio/ SSA etc.) are supported.
MKVToolNix is a cross-platform application that works on 32 and 64-bit Windows as well as Mac and Linux. You can download it from the program’s main page with a direct link that you can find at the end of the explanation!
Features and New Tools
- It grabs a completely intuitive interface.
- The Add button also works using the Drag and Drop method.
- The button called ‘Start Muxing‘ does all the processes in a fast and magical way.
- Many other command-line tools (example: mkvinfo).
- Open a Command Prompt window to access all of Windows’ command-line utilities.
- Press the Start button, click Search Programs and Files (Windows and Vista) or run (Windows XP and others), and type either ‘cmd’ or ‘Command Prompt’ (without the quotes). MKVToolNix Free.
- You can try each program (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit) by typing its name and usage parameters. Example: ‘mkvinfo –help’, which will display a list of all available commands.
- Mkvinfo With this command: ‘mkvinfo -g’, you get a small interface that allows you to open an MKV file and see all kinds of technical details about it.
- You can also save the results in TXT format.
- Run the mkvmerge GUI (Program Interface) instance directly from the command prompt. Just type ‘mmg’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- Find and read the online documentation on the MKVToolNix documentation homepage: (use the links for mkvmerge/mkvinfo/mkvextract/mkvpropedit/mmg to access online help).
- Learn how to use several key features in minutes!
- Mastering the program takes more time. Your best bet is to try all of its options and whenever you need some help, check out our FAQ section!
- Start with the mkvmerge GUI guide and check the documentation for all the other tools!
- MKVToolNix is a ‘must’ if you work with MKV files. It has a huge number of features not listed on the main page.
Software name: MKVToolNix
- Category: Photos Editing Software
- License: Open Source
- File size: 20.18 MB
- Operating systems: Windows XP / Vista + SP1 / 7 / 8 / 10 / 11 / Mac, Linux and others
- Core: 32/64-bits
- Languages: Supports many languages
- Developed by: Moritz Bunkus
- Official website: mkvtoolnix.download
Minimum System Requirements
Check for the following system resources while running the program
- Operating System: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/Mac, Linux, and others
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB or higher.
- Hard Disk: 50 MB of free hard disk space.
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or higher.
- FFmpeg Free Open Source Download for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Any Video Converter Free Download for Windows and Mac
- XnView MP Free Image Viewer for Windows, Mac, and Linux